If a Windstream user is consistently facing weak WiFi signals and interrupted network connections, resetting the Windstream router may work for them in this scenario. The WiFi router that comes with Windstream internet supports a wide range of speeds and but it is quite possible that over time the equipment gets tired and remains unable to deliver a steady WiFi network.
In case you are facing a similar issue, resetting the Windstream router may work for you and you can reset the router by following these steps of factory reset.
- The first step is to find the reset button on your router, which is usually situated on the back side of Windstream’s wireless router.
- Use a pin to hold it down.
- Wait for 30 seconds and release.
- Your router is now reset.
You can use the IP address 192.168.254.254 to hard reset your Windstream router for an improved performance. All you have to do is put this information in your browser and then log in with your credentials. Now select the reset option and wait for the process to complete in order to successfully hard reset your Windstream router.
Also Check: Windstream Internet Packages
Troubleshooting Your Windstream WiFi router
Resetting the Windstream WiFi router doesn’t always work and is not the solution to every router issue, especially if your router is down. You can also try troubleshooting it. We have listed the easy steps that you can follow in order to troubleshoot your Windstream Router.
- First of all, try to restart or reboot your Windstream router to give it a fresh start.
- If your Windstream router is overheated, power it off for some time to give it some rest.
- Now ensure that your Windstream router has no loose plugs and that everything is connected properly.
- Relocate your Windstream router to a higher position and preferably to the highest position in your house.